“Operation Kids” is a child safety program of the National Police Defense Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and supporting members of law enforcement.
The Operation Kids program is a multi-faceted NPDF law enforcement initiative that:
(1) distributes free child fingerprint kits to parents
(2) posts periodic rewards for missing and kidnapped children in the United States
(3) funds youth events
(4) provides financial assistance to child crime victims
(5) provides scholarships to members and their immediate family
(6) arranges life saving operations for critically ill children and
(7) funds its newest initiative, “Project Pedophile.”
Operation Kids has saved the lives of many critically ill children who were in need of life saving operations. The first was ‘Baby Emily’ Mendoza, who was given her life-saving heart operation with the help of the National Police Foundation and the Gift of Life Foundation, a non-profit that specializes in pioneering heart procedures. Baby Emily survived her operation and was featured on the national CBS morning news program The Early Show with Al Roker. Operation Kids has been personally endorsed by John Walsh of America’s Most Wanted and was profiled on the CBS Early Show.